PRESCHOOL CHILDREN BENEFIT FROM YOGA
1. Yoga increases coordination. Yoga poses strengthen muscles and maintain flexibility in youngsters. Yoga develops balance and coordination.
2. Yoga improves concentration. Yoga poses require full attention to a child’s body, muscles and joints to properly execute each move. This focus brings attention to the here and now and helps prevent a wandering mind. These skills transfer to a classroom environment with students more alert and receptive to instruction.
3. Yoga encourages a calmer mind. Focus and breathing create a winning combination for calming the mind and being able to release distracting or negative thoughts. Adults who practice yoga can attest to this benefit. Now just imagine how amazing it would be to learn these tools as a young child!
4. Yoga alleviates stress. Can a 3-year old get stressed out? Well, tension often presents itself as temper tantrums in toddlers and preschoolers. Through yoga, children learn breathing exercises to help diffuse those emotional flare-ups during the day.
5. Yoga promotes self-expression. Yoga for preschoolers expands Imagination and creativity t in a non-competitive, nurturing environment.