Au Beau Séjour Preschool provides a challenging education inspired by the Education National curriculum in France.
Each month, we will present activities that will help enhance “language and reading”, “pre writing”, “math and Perception”, “discovery of the world through Art/Painting”, cooking, gross motor skills activities, music & movement, songs, yoga and, Social Emotional Learning.
September: Back to School & All About Me / C’est la rentrée & Qui suis-je?
This month, we will get to know one another. We will learn a few aspects of living together, such as sharing, respecting and trusting each other. Working, playing together and making new friends will be practiced daily! Young children's self-esteem and self-identity blossom as we encourage them, and their self-awareness develops. This theme will help also help ease separation anxiety.
We will discover our new environment together. We will learn how to follow rules and how to feel comfortable and happy at APM! In French we call this theme: “Vivre ensemble”.
· On Monday, September 24th, “Back to School Meeting” from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. It is a great occasion to get to know your child’s teacher, all ABS Staff and our APM policies procedures and curriculum! Will be presented Please do not bring your child/ren, it is a very important time for adults.
· ABS will be closed on Monday, September 3rd: Labor Day.
October: Halloween and Nutrition through “Tasting week”/ Halloween et la Nutrition à travers la semaine du goût.
Through the theme of this month, we will have a lot of fun making crafts around Halloween and its tradition. Children will learn about Nutrition vs junk food. La semaine du Gout will be organized by our ABS Teachers for all our students from October 8th through 12th.
· We will organize an event with parents (potluck) such as “Wine and Cheese Tasting” with good bread on Friday 12th at 5:45 pm. (Water and juice will be provided for our students) All our APM Community will be able to meet each other! Everybody is invited even if your child does not attend school that day.
· Let’s organize a Halloween Party with parents on Tuesday, October 30th at 3:45 pm to 5:45 pm!
· ABS School will be closed on Friday 5th: Teacher In-Service Day
· ABS School will be closed on Monday 8th: Columbus Day
November: Fall Season & Thanksgiving/ L'automne & Thanksgiving.
Through this theme, we will learn what is the meaning of “Thanksgiving Celebration” (of giving).
Children will observe different textures, colors and all the wonders of Fall.
We will organize a potluck for Thanksgiving with parents on Friday, November 16th at 3:45 pm to 5:45 pm!
· ABS School will be closed on From Wednesday, November 21st to 23rd: Thanksgiving Holiday
December: Feelings & Holidays around the world/ Les Émotions (S.E.L) & Voyages à travers le monde
December is the is very exciting and Festive. Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah and other traditional celebrations will be shared. We will have the opportunity to learn more about other celebrations as well as making fun art and crafts for the Holidays.
Feelings, and the importance of our own feelings, and those of others will be a big part of our days.
· We will organize on Friday, December 21st at 3:45 pm to 5:45 pm a Holiday Party with performance, music & dancing!
· ABS will be closed on Monday, December 24th to January 7th: Winter Break.
January: Medieval time & “The King’s Cake” / Le temps médiéval & la Galette des Rois
This month, we will learn about Medieval time. We will create art and have activities around “La Galette des Rois”…We will also make our own Galette des Rois…
· We will invite parents and will eat together our cakes with some apple juice and cider! (Date to be determined)
· ABS will be closed on Monday, January 21st: Martin Luther King Day.
February: Friendship through Valentine's Day/ Les amis à travers la St Valentin
Through this theme we will discuss “Valentine’s Day”. What is the meaning of “Friends”? We will also learn to understand and continue recognizing our own feelings (our needs and our wants) as well as the feelings of others. Through visual pictures and few words we can indeed see what is “going on” with another person. (sad, mad, happy, excited, scared, etc.) We continue to practice showing different emotions.
Please note we do not “celebrate” Valentine’s Day at ABS. We believe that practicing love and kindness each day is important. Valentine Day cards, candies, and toys are not distributed in classes. This said, we will create Valentines arts and crafts.
· ABS will be closed on Monday, February 18th: President’s Day.
March: Spring & Seeds and germination/ Le Printemps & Les graines et germination (+ Mardi Gras)
Springtime brings new colors, new smells, new noises. we will discover all these together. We will plant our garden; Learn how to do it and how seeds grow up. These two themes will make us to talk about Spring Season!
Our students will make “Crepes” for Mardi Gras.
· On February, Tuesday 5th at 3:45 pm to 5:45 pm, we will organize a “Mardi Gras” party. We will ask the parents to make crepes and beignets. We will make some with students as well.
· On March, Wednesday 20th at 3:45 pm to 5:45 pm, we organize (potluck) a Spring Party with parents.
· ABS will be closed on Monday, March 11th: Teacher In-Service Day.
April: Bees and their Environment (& Easter)/ Les abeilles et leur environnement (& Easter)
Exploring the word of bees! We will study the life cycle of bees and, how they make honey. Where does honey come from?
· We will organize an Easter hunt with our students on the 18th and 19th of April.
· ABS will be closed on Monday, March 25th to April 5th: Spring Break.
May: Colors (& Mother’s Day) / Les couleurs (& La fête des mères)
We will learn how to make different colors from primary colors. We will have a lot of fun mixing and seeing all colors made from two primary colors!
Happy Mother’s Day….. we will express love and gratitude for our Moms.
We will not forget to celebrate Mothers! They will have their special day on May 12th!
· We will organize a APM Picnic BBQ (Date has to be determined)
· ABS will be closed on Monday, May 27th: Memorial Day.
June: French Music Festival (& Father’s Day) / La fête de la musique (& la fête des Pères)
We will dedicate this last month of our academic year 2018/19 on the discovery of Instruments through French books and other tools. We will make our own instruments! We will experience the French Music Festival.
We will not forget to celebrate Fathers, as they will have their special day coming on June 16th!
· We will organize a potluck to celebrate End of the School Year Party with a performance, music & dancing on Thursday, June 26th at 10:30 am!
· Last of ABS academic school year: Thursday, June 26th.
· First day of Summer Camp 2017: Monday, July 1st!